RX-93 ν GundamEdit
Technology & Combat CharacteristicsEditThe ν Gundam was one of the most advanced mobile suits of its time in U.C. 0093, together with Char Aznable's MSN-04 Sazabi, designed and used by Amuro Ray himself during the Second Neo Zeon War. It was manufactured at Anaheim Electronics' Von Braun plant and completed in a short period of time (about three months) under the supervision of chief engineer October Saran. Its design is based on the average value of specifications of each successive generations of Gundam-type units from the the original Gundam to the ΖΖ Gundam, and updated with state-of-the-art technologies introduced at the time.
The ν Gundam's design also focuses on versatility and operational aspects as well as emphasis on reliability and durability for protracted battles. It adopts unitized parts that are designed according to EFF standards, except for the Psycoframe, for easier procurement of parts and materials and reducing special components as much as possible. It can be easily repaired due to maintenance feedback and combat data. In addition, it reflects Amuro Ray's experience as an MS pilot cultivated over the years.
Although its development was only partially completed at the time of its deployment, the ν Gundam proved itself to be a formidable mobile suit. The operating data obtained from the Silver Bullet (Funnel Test Type) was used in its development. It is the first Gundam-type machine to be equipped with Funnels. A newly developed MS control program is installed to account for the ν Gundam's center of mass during the separation and movement of the Funnel equipment.
Incorporating the Psycoframe technology secretly provided to Anaheim Electronics by Char Aznable of Neo Zeon, the ν Gundam was able to utilize Psycommu weapons and channel the emotions and mental energies of a suitable Newtype pilot. When combined with legendary ace pilot Amuro Ray's immense skill and experience, this powerful, state-of-the-art mobile suit was able to almost single-handedly hold the whole Neo Zeon force by just itself, and its Psycoframe was put to the test to determine the history of humanity living on earth.
- Beam Rifle
- A high-powered beam rifle with a normal output of 3.8MW. It can be recharged by e-caps and with a greater fire rate than most beam rifles.
- Beam Saber
- The ν Gundam has a standard-issue beam saber stored on its left forearm, which can be drawn quickly to attack enemies in close range.
- Fin Funnels
- A form of remote weapon unique to the ν Gundam. Despite their name, the fin funnels equipped on ν Gundam are in function "bits", since they have built-in generators rather than the E-caps used by funnels. While this made them much more expensive to construct, and allowed less modules to be equipping than the standard, this had the enormous benefit of giving the fin funnels a tremendously long operational time. Circling the battlefield on their own, the fin funnels could be utilized in far more creative and strategic ways than standard funnels. Model number: AEV/PFF93AR.
- The actual beam fired by the fin funnels was also more powerful, given that they are emitted by a generator instead of an E-cap. The fin funnels also had the ability to generate a unique beam shield, known as a "fin funnel barrier", to provide a defense against both beam weaponry and solid projectiles with lower outputs compared to the beam shield's power consumption. Although these unique funnels proved incredibly effective and flexible in purpose, they were also much larger than the standard funnel, making them easier targets to shoot down. With the help of the Psycoframe technology, Amuro can utilize its fin funnels more effectively by thoughts alone.
- New Hyper Bazooka
- 280mm bazooka that can be fired from its position on the backpack.
- Issued on the ν Gundam is a custom shield emblazoned with Amuro's emblem. It features a built-in beam cannon and missile launchers. Amuro uses it in many strategic ways, such as fooling enemies that he was shot down by leaving the shield and the v-Hyper Bazooka, and attacking enemies once they lower their guards.
- Large Beam Saber
- Stored on the backpack, this beam saber presumably has a higher power rating than the saber stored on the left wrist and is used more often than the standard saber. The saber's pommel is capable of emitting a beam dagger on its end, but it is never seen used.
- Vulcan Guns
- Two head mounted 90mm vulcan guns that have been seen to shred armor.
- Birdlime launchers
- Fires an adhesive substance from the hands that can be used to repair small cracks in colony wall or to restrain soldiers on foot.
- Dummy Launchers
- Stored in the hands the launchers can deploy mobile suit sized dummy balloons as a decoys.
- Psycoframe cockpit
- The cockpit is composed of microscopic Psycommu receptors that allows the pilot to control the suit as if it is his/her own body.
Following Amuro's failure to stop Char in attempting to drop Fifth Luna, Amuro decided to design a mobile suit that would be able to combat Char's MSN-04 Sazabi. This machine, the RX-93 Nu Gundam, was designed not only to be the true upgrade to the RX-78-2 Gundam, but also to be the ultimate Gundam. Unknown to Amuro, though, Char realized this would be the case and allowed Anaheim Electronics to pass on the psycho-frame technology for the Nu Gundam's use. However, testing of this machine would be interrupted when fighting between Londo Bell and Neo Zeon forces force Amuro and his girlfriend Chan Agi to take the half-completed Nu Gundam with them to save everyone.
Sadly, the lack of testing would easily been shown when, during one skirmish, Amuro's panicking caused his fin funnels to react, forcing Gyunei Guss to kill his captive, Kayra Su. As Londo Bell forces moved to stop Char from dropping Axis, Amuro and Char would go head to head, battling one another and practically ravaging their suits. In the end, another flaw revealed itself - the psycho-frame resonated with high emotions, pushing Amuro's already amazing Newtype powers to new heights, and managed to push Axis away from the Earth. The resonance creates a light that could be seen from Earth. The fate of both pilots however is unknown and remains a big mystery even to this day.
RX-94 Mass Production Type ν GundamEdit
Technology & Combat CharacteristicsEdit
The RX-94 was Anaheim Electronics's mass production mobile suit, derived from the RX-93 ν Gundam. The unit is an impressive machine based on the ν Gundam however some features were removed and/or replaced to aid mass production such as the psycoframe cockpit. The Fin Funnel backpack can be swapped with an INCOM backpack that utilizs the quasi-psycommu system for use by an normal pilot.
- Beam saber
- Beam cannon
- Beam spray gun
- INCOM Unit
- Fin funnels
- Beam Rifle
- Grenade launcher
- Hyper bazooka
The Mass Production Type ν Gundam is intended to replace the RGM-89 Jegan. But its high performance was proportional to its high cost and the mass production was canceled and only a small number were produced, where one appeared in the side story manga REON. It featured a turquoise shade of blue and light blue color scheme.
Notes & TriviaEdit
- The RX-94 has appeared in some of the Super Robot Wars series of video games, most notably in Super Robot Wars Alpha 3, where the RX-94 was used by one of the protagonist characters, Cobray Gordon , for the game's early stages.
RX-93-ν2 Hi-ν GundamEdit
Technology & Combat CharacteristicsEdit
In addition to a more bulky and complete frame, the Hi-v sports an exclusively white and violet color scheme to distinguish it from the white and black paint job on the v Gundam. The Hi-v also features more efficient thrusters across its body along with a more powerful Minovsky reactor core, boosting its overall performance.
The most prolific difference, however, is its distinct back boosters and revised fin funnel system. The fairly standard backpack design of the ν Gundam is replaced with a much more unique dual "long booster" system, with another long booster situated between them and two propellant tanks angled below the dual long boosters.
These boosters were capable of great accelerations, and the propellant tanks extended the duration of time the boosters could remain active. The long boosters also served as the storage area for the unit's fin funnels. Also, unlike the ν Gundam, the Hi-v Gundam could recharge the fin funnel's power supply, extending their performance time and range to much higher levels than those of previous remote weapons.
Apart from the obvious visual differences, the Hi-ν also expands on the ν Gundam's rather limited armaments, with the addition of a powerful machine gun in its right forearm as well as the inclusion of an extra beam saber, bringing the number of beam sabers up to three. In addition to its powerful beam rifle, the unit can also be armed with a ν Hyper Bazooka - a refined, upgraded version of the ν's Hyper Bazooka - and a Hyper Mega Bazooka Launcher, an improved model of the weapon used by the MSN-00100 Hyaku Shiki during the Gryps Conflict.
Thanks to its psycoframe, a vast improvement over the psycommu system prevalent among mobile suits designed to by used by Newtype pilots, Amuro Ray had much greater control over the mobile suit, piloting it almost as if it were an extension of his own body and pushing its performance to the absolute limit.
With the capabilities, parameters and attack power of the already-powerful ν Gundam greatly enhanced, the RX-93-ν2 represented the ultimate evolution of functionality and performance in mobile suit combat at the time.
- Beam Rifle
- The Hi-ν Gundam carries a standard-fare beam rifle as its primary weapon; however, the Hi-ν's beam rifle possesses an output that rivals some mega particle cannons. One shot from it is enough to destroy mobile suits and warships, showing that the beam rifle's power matches most of the beam weapons in existence.
- Beam Sabers
- The Hi-ν Gundam carries three beam sabers for close combat, with one being stored in the left forearm for rapid draw and deployment and the other two in compartments located on the back-mounted wing binders. The beam sabers stored in the wing binders are capable of producing a second beam blade on the opposite end of the hilt for surprise attacks or handling multiple opponents in combat; it is curious to note that the forearm-stored saber is incapable of such a feat. All three sabers' beams are tinted a royal blue to match the Hi-ν's paint job.
- Fin Funnels
- Like the original ν Gundam, the Hi-ν Gundam carries 6 fin funnels, mounted on the mobile suit's back in a wing-like formation. These remote weapons are the Hi-ν's trump card in any combat situation, allowing the mobile suit to overwhelm any opponent from a single enemy to even the entire Neo Zeon force. Compared to previous remote weapons, the fin funnels' power rating is dramatically increased, giving them firepower comparable to beam cannons. The Hi-ν is capable of refueling and recharging its fin funnels. The fin funnels can arrange themselves into geometric formations to deploy the fin funnel barrier like the ν Gundam, a defensive field that can repel any attacks with lower output than the fin funnel's.
- Hyper Mega Bazooka Launcher
- The Hi-ν's most powerful armament. When in use, the hyper mega bazooka launcher would be directly connected to the Ra Cailum's reactor, and was powerful enough to destroy a fragment of the asteroid base Axis with a single shot.
- Machine Gun
- Located in the Hi-ν's right forearm is a high-caliber machine gun. It serves as a counter to the use of enemy I-fields, and is powerful enough to destroy other mobile suits with a concentrated stream of fire.
- ν Hyper Bazooka
- The Hi-ν is also armed with an improved hyper bazooka. Packing upgrades geared towards improving its performance and firepower, it is capable of destroying enemy unit in a single shot.
- Vulcan Guns
- As with standard mobile suits, the Hi-ν Gundam also sports head-mounted vulcan guns for spray and pray tactics.
Special Equipment & FeaturesEdit
- External propellant tank
- Two eject-able propellant tanks that greatly increase the Hi-ν's speed and operating time.
- Psycoframe Cockpit
- The Hi-ν's cockpit is lined with nanoscopic psycommu receptors, allowing a Newtype pilot to operate both the mobile suit and psycommu weaponry with ease. Amuro Ray would make great use of this feature, controlling the Hi-ν and maneuvering its fin funnels like extensions of his own body.
Even though the upgrades greatly enhance the mobile suit, this does not change the fate of Char's Counterattack, as neither the ν Gundam nor the Hi-ν Gundam are able to push Axis by themselves, resulting in the same end result that the movie has previously given us. Although, in the novel, we have more details about the technology and how the psycommu work. One of the biggest examples is the spiritual manifestation of Amuro's son, protecting the Gundam in a similar fashion to the MSZ-006 Zeta Gundam.
|This page uses content from RX-93 ν Gundam. As with Super Robot Wars Wiki, the text of Gundam Wikia this page uses is covered by the Creative Commons License.|