|Super Robot Wars Original Generation character|
|Voiced by||Asami Yaguchi (Japanese)|
|Mobile Weapons||F-28 Messer (OG)
Gespenst MK II M (OG)
Katina Tarask (カチーナ・タラスク Kachīna Tarasuku) is a fictional character from the Super Robot Wars series. In canon, she pilots a Gespenst MK II M and is usually accompanied by her subordinate and close friend, Russel Bergman.
Katina has appeared in the following games:
- Super Robot Wars Original Generation - Playable Character
- Super Robot Wars Original Generation 2 - Playable Character
- Super Robot Wars Original Generations - Playable Character
- Super Robot Wars Original Generation Gaiden - Playable Character
- Taco-NA-GU-RI! - Default theme in all appearances beginning with Original Generations.
Personality And TraitsEdit
Katina Tarask is the 25-year old commander of the Octo Squad (オクトパス小隊 Okutopasu Shōtai). An extremely impatient, short-tempered woman, Katina is always ready for a fight. She is known for not being able to tolerate insubordination, but is usually friendly if people act serious around her. She loves to boss her subordinate, Russel Bagman, around, since the two have been close friends long before the Divine Crusaders War even started, though no hint of romance has ever been shown between the two. Nevertheless, they do look out for each other (particularly on Russel's part for Katina).
She used to serve as a test pilot for new machines and as a result of this, she constantly always wants to pilot new machines when they are rolled out of the production line. This is one of the reasons that she pilots Kyosuke Nanbu's old Gespenst MK II M, since it was a new machine at the time she started piloting it. Her favorite color is red and she repainted the Gespenst this color when she started to pilot it. (In Divine Wars, she's first seen with her own red Gespenst) She has also shown interest in piloting the Alt Eisen, Giganscudo, R-Gun, and R-Blade.
She is usually irritated by Tasuku Shinguji, since he is the complete opposite to her and very easy-going and funny, but not one to take things seriously. As a result, she usually threatens him with some form of punishment.
- Katina's debut was actually in Super Robot Wars Scramble Gather, a trading card game, courtesy of Banpresto. Submitted as a fan-made character, during a contest for a search for an original character, the inspiration behind her design is that of an octopus (hence, the name of her Octopus Squad). Her attributes involved being a sniper, and she is shown to be piloting an original machine called the GAB-L. It has yet to appear in the Original Generation universe.
- The title of Katina's theme song in Original Generations was romanized improperly, reading Taco-Na-Gu-Ri, instead of Tako(Meaning Octopus)-Na-Gu-Ri.